Director of Sales
FULL TIME / USA ONLY / REMOTE
About The Job
Are you looking for a position that allows you to engage with the top cloud providers, build a customer install base with the leading data storage security ISV, and participate in the seismic shift to the cloud?
Cloud Storage Security (CSS) is looking for a proven sales leader to deliver a comprehensive data storage platform to the global cloud user base. In this role, you will prospect, identify, and grow an existing customer base leveraging industry-leading data classification, malware, and virus detection for cloud storage. You will own all aspects of identifying and growing the CSS install base and help grow a global sales team.
Working in a dynamic sales environment, this person will be responsible for building and leading CSS' sales strategy by owning the sales process. Specifically, this person will be responsible for global sales, customer acquisition, and sales pipeline management. The best candidate will drive and create proposals, business cases, and responses to customers’ business requirements. This role will focus on building win-win relationships with cloud service providers and increasing engagement and adoption of the data security posture management services.
A successful Director of Sales will:
- Build strong relationships with your sellers; be a trusted advisor and the single POC for their issues, questions, requests, escalations, and concerns
- Liaise with other internal departments as necessary to resolve seller issues and questions quickly and with high quality
- Work with a sense of urgency to drive and deliver goals while maintaining a high quality of work
- Operate with a continuous motor to identify and motivate potential sellers to expand globally
- Drive business reviews with sellers and do analysis to understand sales trends and drivers and develop recommendations on how to grow the business
- Develop a thorough understanding of the specific market segments, seasonality, and global business trends/events
- Partner with Amazon teams
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using centralized resources, policies, and procedures
- Partner with internal teams to surface defects, data, and anecdotes to drive improvements on behalf of their sellers
Scope of work and time distribution:
- 80% - Account Management, prospecting, driving deals
- 10% - Pipeline management
- 10% - Sales organization processes and growth
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Lead and create the short to long term strategy for the business
- Understand CSS products and services and the relationship to AWS services and be able to articulate to external audiences
- Track and audit performance using appropriate metrics. Achieve inputs and output targets across seller recruitment, selection and revenue
- Working with industry bodies to drive awareness and get more business
- Lead a team of Business Development Managers/Sales Specialists to deliver the same
5+ years in a role dedicated to channel, and cloud information security
5+ years of field sales or business development representing a large technology channel/marketplace ecosystem
Strong written and verbal communications skills, consistent with developing C-level enterprise customer relationships
Demonstrated ability to work across a matrixed, cross-functional team
Sales overlay experience (as a channel manager, specialist, SME, etc)
Experience working with or selling in cloud computing environments
Ability to operate successfully and independently in a fast-paced environment
Be comfortable with ambiguity and curious to learn new skills
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience/qualifications
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
Who We Are
CSS is a startup dedicated to solving the security and compliance challenges surrounding cloud object storage. Our culture is centered around innovation, honesty, respect, coaction and commitment to each other as well as our prospects, partners and customers.
Agencies and enterprises of all sizes throughout the world turn to us to ensure their data is clean and that their environment is secure. Our flagship product, Antivirus for Amazon S3, complements and extends AWS-native security services by preventing organizations from sharing malware via their cloud-based applications and data ingestion pipelines. Data Classification for Amazon S3 advances organizations' data privacy practices and helps maintain regulatory compliance.
CSS launched in 2020 by a team of expert software developers and cloud professionals with more than 50 years of experience building and running security solutions. For more background visit About Us.